As many already know, Smith Counseling has recently arranged to host a SMART Recovery® support group meeting. The SMART Recovery® group meets at 7pm every Wednesday night at the Berkley office. The group is open to anyone who wishes to attend. Below you’ll find information and resources related to SMART Recover®. If you are interested in finding out more, there is an informative introduction on the SMART Recovery® website.
SMART Recovery® is the leading self-empowering addiction recovery support group. SMART Recovery® participants learn tools for recovery based on the latest scientific research and participate in a world-wide community which includes free, self-empowering, science-based mutual help groups.
The SMART® Recovery approach:
- Teaches self-empowerment and self-reliance.
- Encourages individuals to recover and live satisfying lives.
- Teaches tools and techniques for self-directed change.
- Meetings are educational and include open discussions.
- Advocates the appropriate use of prescribed medications and psychological treatments.
- Evolves as scientific knowledge of addiction recovery evolves.